Asbestos Awareness (Category A)
Asbestos Awareness Training (Category A)
ACE are UKATA accredited for category A asbestos awareness training.
Course Duration: Half Day. Delegate numbers: Up to 15
Who is the training aimed at?
Anyone working on the fabric of buildings, who may come into contact with asbestos containing materials – from putting up a picture hook to large scale refurbishment.
Sixteen target groups of workers that require asbestos awareness training have been identified at both operative & supervisor levels as being trades that are most at risk:
- General maintenance staff.
- Heating, Ventilation, Telecommunication Engineers, Alarm, Computer Installers, Electricians, Plumbers Joiners and Roofers
- Demolition workers, Construction workers, Building surveyors
- Painters, Decorators, Gas-fitters and Plasterers
- Shop fitters and Architects
A risk assessment should be undertaken as to whether anyone else has the potential to asbestos during their routine activities and if they do, awareness training should be provided.
This course meets the requirements under regulation 10 of the control of asbestos regulations (car 2012).
What is asbestos? Main properties & its effects on health
1. Types and occurrences of asbestos in premises and plant
2. How to avoid the risks from asbestos
3. General procedures in the event of an emergency
4. Delegates receive a certificate of attendance from UKATA
ACE staff will work with you and your organisation to ensure your specific training requirements are met through bespoke or tailored training, you can rest assured when choosing ACE for all your Training needs.