Course duration. ½ day
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health or COSHH Regulations require employers to provide suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training to employees who carry out work which is liable to expose them to a hazardous substance.
By providing effective COSHH training, employers can ensure that their employees can carry out their work safely.
- Relevant Legislation.
- Forms of hazardous substances.
- Classification of substances.
- Routes of entry
- Safe storage of substances.
- Sources of information including Safety Data Sheets and EH 40 (Workplace exposure limits).
- Hierarchy of Control measures.
- COSHH assessment.