Course duration 1 day
The course is aimed at staff who have responsibility for the safe operation and management of hot and cold water systems in buildings and any staff that have a roll in achieving compliance with the L8 Approved Code of Practice, The control of legionella bacteria in water systems.
On completion of the course delegates will understand:
- What Legionella is. Types and transmission of the bacteria.
- Legal requirements of the L8 Approved Code of Practice.
- The main areas of risk in water systems where legionella bacteria can thrive.
- Industry best practice including control, testing, monitoring and analysis.
- What to do if legionella is detected.