Trainee Lab Technician
We are currently advertising for two Trainee Lab Technician roles. One to be based at our Bristol Lab and the other at our Halesowen Lab. These are full-time permanent positions, 37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
- To undergo training for bulk analysis for the presence of asbestos in samples and gain laboratory experience in order to prepare for BOHS P401 qualifications in the identification of Asbestos in bulk materials
- Assisting the lab supervisor and technical team and completing multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Providing all required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines
- Maintaining laboratory equipment to ensure that it meets required standards and is maintained in an efficient state
- Laboratory administration duties. Ensuring records and database are organised and up to date
- Laboratory housekeeping. Ensuring all laboratory rooms are maintained and inspected according to standards
- Basic scientific background is essential. At least 4 GCSEs (A* to C) including Science, Math and English, although graduates are preferred.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Very good time management
- Very good communication skills (fluent in English)
- Ability to work well in team
- Computer literacy – excellent in MS Word and Excel
- The ability to understand, follow and convey technical instructions
- Good eyesight (with or without glasses) with good colour vision
- Committed and willing to study in own time
- A levels or a degree in in construction, environmental science, geography or similar
- Experience of working in a laboratory (from school or work)
- Experience of using microscopes
- Science background
- Enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Able to work overtime and weekends
If you feel you possess all of the essential skills and are looking for an interesting and fast-paced role within a growing company, please apply.
In your application, please outline how you believe you meet the above criteria. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd February.